The Westpac West Business Awards
The Westpac Business Awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of outstanding business people and set the benchmark for business across the Auckland region. World Moving & Storage has been involved in the West Auckland Westpac Business Awards since 2011.
Finalist – Medium Size Business
Finalist – Excellent in Training & Development
Winner – Excellent in Training & Development
Excellence in Work Force Development
Winner – Excellence in Exporting
Sustainable 60 Awards
The Sustainable 60 series was developed in 2009 and has since been an annual Award programme and seminar series.
The programme is marketed through the Fairfax Media group of brands including business magazines and daily newspapers. The objective of this series is to encourage growth and sustainable business practice amongst all New Zealand public and private sector entities.
The awards celebrate and reward stories of leadership which exemplify sustainable business practice in the five categories and showcase innovation which supports sustainable business practice in New Zealand.
2014 - World Moving was the Overall Winner – all categories (up to 100 employees)
The medium business of the year recognises consistent good performance across all the Sustainable60 categories:
- Strategy and Governance – The structure and road map that creates a sustainable business
- Workplace – Creating great workplaces through positive initiatives
- Marketplace – Sustainable initiatives throughout the value chain; from sourcing resources, to manufacturing, to selling, to customer use and finally end of life
- Environment – Managing the environmental impact and creating better business performance
- Community – Creating positive community and business outcomes
2013 - World Moving & Storage won the Workplace Award
This Workplace category allows businesses the opportunity to showcase how sustainable business practices, or elements of it, have provided workplace benefits, or enhanced the business’s workplace practices or performance.
Elements which may be included in, but not restricted to, this category are:
- Sustainable business workplace practices such as: learning and development, diversity, retention of talent, culture, equal opportunity, flexible working, work life balance, health and safety, recruitment, remuneration, volunteering, matched giving, community engagement etc.
- Workplace benefits which have resulted from sustainable business practices
- Workplace benefits which have resulted from addressing a strategic opportunities, risks or issue.