Moving from New Zealand to South Africa?
Relocating in Africa can be an exciting event, but for many people, making a to-do list before the move can be overwhelming. Use World Moving & Storage as a resource and guide for every step of your moving process. We can move your items based on South African customs and immigration procedures:
- Passports, residency documents and visas must be approved and updated.
- Personal effects under a year old will be subject to duties and fees. Effects older than one year will be duty free. Prepare an itemised list of your effects before entering the country.
- nheritance or deceased estate, you will need the death certificate, will or a letter from the executor.
- If you want to import alcoholic beverages, you must have a permit.
- Have a copy of your doctor’s prescription to accompany prescription medicines.
- You must have an import permit prior to shipping firearms.
- Domestic pets can be relocated, but they will need health certificates and vaccinations.
- Motor vehicles must have been owned for at least one year and must not sold for more than two years after importing. Fees and duties will be charged to import your vehicle.
If you have more questions about customs procedures or moving to Africa, visit our resource hub or reach out to World Moving personnel.Find out more