Moving from NZ to Australia?
The team at World Moving & Storage wants your move across the ditch to be stress-free. Remember to complete the following tasks before you make your way to Australia:
- Your passport, residency documents and the appropriate visa must be up to date.
- Personal effects less than one year old will be subject to duties and fees. Individuals must provide itemised list of these effects. Effects older than one year will be duty free.
- Inheritance or decreased estate will require a death certificate, will or letter from the executor.
- Discard of any food, as it can’t be shipped to Australia.
- Duties and fees will apply for bringing in alcoholic beverages.
- Prescription medicines must be accompanied by a doctor’s prescription.
- Firearms need approval before they are shipped.
- Domestic pets can be relocated if they have appropriate health certificates and vaccinations.
- Motor vehicles can be shipped as long as they comply with Australian regulations. The vehicle must have been owned and used for at least one year.
For more information on customs and visa requirements, visit our Resource Hub.Resource Hub