Moving to Canada from New Zealand
Relocating across the world can be a big task with a tight deadline. Our mission at World Moving is to ensure that your move with a smooth transition without any bumps in the road. Before you start packing, make sure you are aware of the following rules:
- Your passport, residency documents and approved visa must be up to date before you enter the country.
- Personal effects under a year old will be subject to duties and fees. Have an itemised list of these effects on hand when you enter Canada. (Effects older than one year will be duty free.)
- You must be present at a customs office to clear and collect your personal effects.
- In order to bring in an Inheritance or deceased estate, you need to present the death certificate, will or a letter from the executor.
- You are not allowed to ship food.
- Duties and fees will apply for bringing in alcoholic beverages.
- A doctor’s prescription is required to bring prescription medication into Canada.
- You need written approval to ship firearms.
- Domestic pets can be relocated, but they will need health certificates and vaccinations.
- Motor vehicles can be shipped as long as they comply with Canadian regulations. Proof of ownership is required.
For more information on customs and visas, check out our international resources.Find out more