Moving from NZ to the UK
Moving from New Zealand to the United Kingdom is a big adventure. The team at World Moving & Storage wants your move to be a smooth transition without any bumps in the road. Be prepared and know the following rules:
- Your passport, residency documents and appropriate visa must be up to date.
- If you have personal effects that are less than one year old, you will need to provide an itemised list. These effects will be subject to duties and fees. Effects older than one year will be duty free.
- If you have an inheritance or decreased estate, you will have to provide the death certificate, will or a letter from the executor.
- Duties and fees will apply for moving alcoholic beverages.
- Prescription medication must have a doctor’s prescription in order to enter the country.
- Only certain types of firearms and weapons can be imported into the UK. The firearms will be held under bond until a certificate of approval has been granted.
- Domestic pets can be relocated, but they will need health certificates and vaccinations. Pets have to travel certain routes to get into the United Kingdom.
- Motor vehicles can be shipped as long as they comply with UK regulations. Speak to your move coordinator for more information.
Have specific questions about your move? Explore our resource hub or reach out to a World Moving representative.Find out more